The Student Room Group

how to apply to increase maintenance loan in backdate (9 months)

i was approved 6000 a year maintenance loan and i have already received my 3rd and last payment of 2000. But in last 4 months my circumstances have changed and i need full maintenance loan for at least last 4 to 5 months.
is it possible that i can apply to increase my maintenance loan for at least this last term and get more loan before this year 2022 ends. If i can apply then how should i apply that.

regards
Original post by clairemurphy1987
i was approved 6000 a year maintenance loan and i have already received my 3rd and last payment of 2000. But in last 4 months my circumstances have changed and i need full maintenance loan for at least last 4 to 5 months.
is it possible that i can apply to increase my maintenance loan for at least this last term and get more loan before this year 2022 ends. If i can apply then how should i apply that.

regards

What do you mean when you say your circumstances have changed?
The action you need to take will vary.
Original post by PQ
What do you mean when you say your circumstances have changed?
The action you need to take will vary.

when i first applied, i was approved 6000 a year in maintenance loan. i was hoping for full loan which is around 12000. but at that time i was working and i had an income above 20000 a year. so they approved me 6000 maintenance loan. now i am not working and my income is 0. so my circumstances changed.

can i apply to claim extra maintenance loan for for year 2021 to 2022. i heard we can claim extra maintenance loan in back dates.
when i first applied, i was approved 6000 a year in maintenance loan. i was hoping for full loan which is around 12000. but at that time i was working and i had an income above 20000 a year. so they approved me 6000 maintenance loan. now i am not working and my income is 0. so my circumstances changed.

can i apply to claim extra maintenance loan for for year 2021 to 2022. i heard we can claim extra maintenance loan in back dates.

Your earned income isn’t part of the household income assessment.

Only your parents or spouse income is assessed.

Changes to your earned income won’t change your loan entitlement.

regards

Hi there,

You can apply for the maximum you have been awarded on your account, you can make these changes on your online account under view/manage applications.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending