The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter University alternative offer?

So I applied to study business with a year abroad in Exeter and was pretty firm on that being my top choice. I got rejected however they have given me an alternative offer to study business at their Penryn campus in Cornwall. Obviously location is a big choice for where you go to uni and I just don't know if the Penryn campus has the same nightlife and stuff. I don't think its worth excepting the offer just because its technically Exeter university. Any advise from anyone who goes there or knows anyone there?
Original post by Anonymous
So I applied to study business with a year abroad in Exeter and was pretty firm on that being my top choice. I got rejected however they have given me an alternative offer to study business at their Penryn campus in Cornwall. Obviously location is a big choice for where you go to uni and I just don't know if the Penryn campus has the same nightlife and stuff. I don't think its worth excepting the offer just because its technically Exeter university. Any advise from anyone who goes there or knows anyone there?

Their Penryn campus is in Falmouth Cornwall, it’s lovely there and everyone I know who has gone there has loved it. But it’s not Exeter. There is a nightclub and lots of bars, it’s a beautiful part of the country.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I just got this too! I applied for law at Exeter and received an alternate offer of Law with business at penryn. I’m really struggling whether to accept it or not :////
Reply 3
Original post by Megrey
I just got this too! I applied for law at Exeter and received an alternate offer of Law with business at penryn. I’m really struggling whether to accept it or not :////

I have just firmed my offer to study at Exeter Penryn campus and should be there in September if I meet the entry requirements. I’d say go for it. It looks to be a cracking uni with a great reputation, especially the CSM. As for me it is a logistical nightmare as I live in north east England, so it is a 500+ mile journey down there but overall I think it’s worth it. My other option as a firm was Durham, however I’ve took the punt on Exeter as the place to go.
Original post by Anonymous

Hello,

I am Coral a student ambassador here at Exeter. I was not based on the Penryn campus but have had some friends who have been. The Cornwall campus does offer a different student experience to the main Exeter campus, but this does not mean that it is any less of an experience. I believe there are fewer clubs in Cornwall, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing as it means that more students will be congregated in the clubs that are there and could offer a perhaps friendlier clubbing environment. It will be up to you to decide whether you would like a bigger city atmosphere. There is also the added advantage of being on the coastline in one of the most beautiful locations in the UK with the whole of Cornwall easily accessible by train, car, bicycle or bus. At the end of the day University will be what you make it! I'm sorry I can't give you more insight but I hope this helps.

Coral, Exeter Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending