The Student Room Group

Is the process for transfer from one university to another done thru...

Do I have to create a new UCAS application even when I want to transfer between two universities within the UK?
Original post by Sulphurous16G
Do I have to create a new UCAS application even when I want to transfer between two universities within the UK?

Yes. The process is explained here: University Transfer FAQ.

If you are looking to transfer for 2022 entry then you have left things very late. If you are looking to transfer in 2023 then you should not be enrolling at year 1 this September with the intention of moving elsewhere, (you'd be better taking a gap year and retaking your level 3 quals if necessary).
Original post by Admit-One
Yes. The process is explained here: University Transfer FAQ.

If you are looking to transfer for 2022 entry then you have left things very late. If you are looking to transfer in 2023 then you should not be enrolling at year 1 this September with the intention of moving elsewhere, (you'd be better taking a gap year and retaking your level 3 quals if necessary).

Thanks. Was asking about transferring in year 2023.

Why are you looking this far ahead?

I would not be enrolling on a course this year that you were not happy to finish. You may not be able to transfer out and many unis don’t allow you to ‘trade up’ if your level 3 quals aren’t sufficient. All detailed in the transfer FAQ above.

If you’d be happy to finish the first course if needs be, then no harm in a bit of a roll of the dice, but consider transferring a plan B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending