The Student Room Group

Met a girl in a different country, we liked each other but she got a bf

I met a girl in the UK and I live in a foreign country. We went on a date and we stayed up to text each other and we confessed we liked each other. However she gets a boyfriend later. I’m hurt by this but we stayed friends and she’s coming to my country at half term. However now, she’s getting drier and takes longer to reply. Should I cut her off, should I take a break from texting her or should I do something else, as I would like to see her again.
I think take a break from texting her and see if she texts you...
If she told you she has a boyfriend then maybe it's a good idea to stop texting her. Especially if you like her as more than a friend, because she may just be leading you on, and if you guys live really far from each other then it may not work out, and it's hard to maintain a friendship, especially with someone you don't know so well already, long-distance.
Original post by Wonderland2000
If she told you she has a boyfriend then maybe it's a good idea to stop texting her. Especially if you like her as more than a friend, because she may just be leading you on, and if you guys live really far from each other then it may not work out, and it's hard to maintain a friendship, especially with someone you don't know so well already, long-distance.

The thing is she texts me
If she has a boyfriend then drop any idea you have of you two ever getting together. You're just friends now and nothing more.

If you two can text and hang out and keep things strictly platonic, then by all means do so, but if you're hoping for something more then it's not a good idea to keep in contact.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending