The Student Room Group

I need help

I failed a 40 credit and 20 credit module for a course named odp in my second year what will happen to me would I be kicked out?
Original post by Akmal11
I failed a 40 credit and 20 credit module for a course named odp in my second year what will happen to me would I be kicked out?

maybe ask a tutor or someone in the university?
Hi,

Normally you should be able to retake the modules at your universities discretion. To get an idea of what happens when you fail a module feel free to have a read of the UoP Article Hub on what happens if you fail a module. This may vary from uni to uni so what one university advises may not be true for yours, so I would recommend looking at your own universities help pages, you can easily find them by googling e.g. what happens if I fail a module (insert your uni name).

Moving forward I would get in touch with any academic advisors, course reps at your uni for advice. There is a chance you can be dismissed from further study but i'm sure if you didn't purposely try to not pass a module they will be able to figure out an action plan with you, whether that is taking extra modules in your third year, or retaking second year.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Lauren -Official Student Rep:biggrin:
Reply 3
Thanks for that I’ll contact them asap I’m at Sheffield Hallam university I just hope they don’t kick me out.
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi,

Normally you should be able to retake the modules at your universities discretion. To get an idea of what happens when you fail a module feel free to have a read of the UoP Article Hub on what happens if you fail a module. This may vary from uni to uni so what one university advises may not be true for yours, so I would recommend looking at your own universities help pages, you can easily find them by googling e.g. what happens if I fail a module (insert your uni name).

Moving forward I would get in touch with any academic advisors, course reps at your uni for advice. There is a chance you can be dismissed from further study but i'm sure if you didn't purposely try to not pass a module they will be able to figure out an action plan with you, whether that is taking extra modules in your third year, or retaking second year.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

Lauren -Official Student Rep:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending