The Student Room Group

Failed my theory test twice

I have failed my theory test twice.
I can do the hazard perception easily and I passed that both times but for the multiple choice:
1st time I got 42/50 (so i was one mark off and If i didnt change an answer that I already had correct I would've passed)

2nd time I got 39/50 (I don't even know what happened I think I just second-guessed myself too much but I'm not sure, think I also put a lot of pressure on myself).

I have the James May theory app on my phone which I have been using to revise for these tests and I have literally done mock tests on the app and passed multiple times but also failed multiple times.

I think it really just depends on what type of questions you get on the day.

I am constantly beating myself up about the first test because if I had just gone with my gut I would've passed and wouldn't even be in this situation.

I feel so stupid because I'm not good at anything and my self-esteem is through the floor (everybody else seems to be passing first time, I know many people don't pass first time but it's the fact that I know I definitely could've).

I feel like I am just going to fail again next time (I have my third test in October) because I feel like the world is just completely against me at the moment and I have been feeling like this for over a year now.
took me 2 tries at the theory, and 5 for the practical.
everyone is different.
best thing to do is commit a month to studying the material (15 days split).
IMO if you aren't passing every mock test 95%+, then you simply aren't ready for the exam, there should be no question that faze you or need second guessing.
Original post by StriderHort
IMO if you aren't passing every mock test 95%+, then you simply aren't ready for the exam, there should be no question that faze you or need second guessing.

It's questions like "A motorcyclist is on the road unconscious and bleeding, what's the first thing you should do?"

Then there are two very similar questions (it's 100% not the other two)
A = Try to stop the bleeding
B = Apply pressure over wounds

Now obviously I know it is B but like A is basically the same thing so the whole thing is just a big scam
Original post by Fin00
It's questions like "A motorcyclist is on the road unconscious and bleeding, what's the first thing you should do?"

Then there are two very similar questions (it's 100% not the other two)
A = Try to stop the bleeding
B = Apply pressure over wounds

Now obviously I know it is B but like A is basically the same thing so the whole thing is just a big scam

A is the right line of thinking

B is the right answer, this is common logic in these types of safety test, there is 2 suicidal answers, a slightly sensible sounding answer, then the precise one. Imagine it was a heart attack, 'Try to stop the heart attack' is obv a good idea, but it's not an answer compared to eg 'Perform appropriate CPR or obtain a defibrillator machine'

I say this as someone who also failed their first one by 1 mark, but even if you got those 3 questions right it still wouldn't be a good score, there is deffo room for improvement there. In mine I got hit with 3-4 similar questions on caravans which I had totally skimmed over because I didn't care about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending