The Student Room Group

not being alone at a new sixth form college?

hey people have probably asked this a million times but how so you go about making friends when you’re totally alone at a sixth form college? my MAIN thing is having lunch, like how do you go about having lunch with people and not by yourself? my brains totally blank lmao 😭 just making friends in general is stressing me out
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by odyssey 456
hey people have probably asked this a million times but how so you go about making friends when you’re totally alone at a sixth form college? my MAIN thing is having lunch, like how do you go about having lunch with people and not by yourself? my brains totally blank lmao 😭 just making friends in general is stressing me out

hey i totally understand how you feel. my tip would be to engage with and introduce yourself to people you sit next to in your lessons/form group or around in assemblies, you'll be surprised about how much you can get to know a person in an hour!! And after this point, they may introduce you to their friends and you can ask to sit with them. trust me, everybody is in the same boat and even those who have close friendship groups will still be looking to make new friends. use the opportunity to get yourself out there and you will be fine :smile:
Original post by hahaaddie
hey i totally understand how you feel. my tip would be to engage with and introduce yourself to people you sit next to in your lessons/form group or around in assemblies, you'll be surprised about how much you can get to know a person in an hour!! And after this point, they may introduce you to their friends and you can ask to sit with them. trust me, everybody is in the same boat and even those who have close friendship groups will still be looking to make new friends. use the opportunity to get yourself out there and you will be fine :smile:

Thank you! i think my main thing i genuinely have no idea how to even begin to sit with people at lunch 😭 i feel like i’ll be too in my own head to straight up ask if i can sit with them and i’ll just end up by myself lmao
Original post by odyssey 456
Thank you! i think my main thing i genuinely have no idea how to even begin to sit with people at lunch 😭 i feel like i’ll be too in my own head to straight up ask if i can sit with them and i’ll just end up by myself lmao

it will come naturally when you're having a convo, maybe if you walk with them after your lesson whilst speaking they may even ask you themselves. dont worry too much at lunch when you become friends with people it will be something natural.
It will come naturally to you perhaps during a lesson task that requires you to be in groups or perhaps pairs.Don’t worry to much about friends, with time you will eventually meet your friendship group and it will be the best time of your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending