The Student Room Group

What happens if you sleep hungry on your period?

I don't bleed when I am lying down and when I get up you can imagine that I do and then sometimes I go white and in severe pain and sometimes feel sick. Would that happen if I sleep hungry while I am on it?

Scroll to see replies

If you don't eat properly you'll find your symptoms are likely to be exacerbated.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I don't bleed when I am lying down and when I get up you can imagine that I do and then sometimes I go white and in severe pain and sometimes feel sick. Would that happen if I sleep hungry while I am on it?

You'll wake up even hungrier, and will probably struggle to sleep properly due to hunger
Eat otherwise you’ll black out because of blood loss. Don’t be silly!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1582
If you don't eat properly you'll find your symptoms are likely to be exacerbated.

What I am worried about is vomiting though. If you eat and regurgitate you vomit, if you don't eat and regurgitate you don't vomit but then whilst on your period you will go white and in severe pain from losing blood all at once when you get up from bed or when you even stand up (when I lie down I don't lose anything, it's only when I get up) and may or may not feel sick. I don't always feel sick from it thank God.
What I am worried about is vomiting though. If you eat and regurgitate you vomit, if you don't eat and regurgitate you don't vomit but then whilst on your period you will go white and in severe pain from losing blood all at once when you get up from bed or when you even stand up (when I lie down I don't lose anything, it's only when I get up) and may or may not feel sick. I don't always feel sick from it thank God.

You write about this as if it is normal, but this isn't the universal experience for all menstruating women. You should probably talk to your GP about this.
(edited 1 year ago)
What do you mean you don't bleed when you're lying down? What sorcery is this?
Original post by 1582
You write about this as if it is normal, but this isn't the universal experience for all menstruating women. You should probably talk to your GP about this.

I did they said that's normal to not lose blood when you are lying down. The symptoms that I mentioned happened to me only twice, once in 2020 and once in 2022 and I had periods since 2011. Normally I do lose it when I am lying down. It's only recently from like 2020 I noticed this. I also feel like my body temperature does up during these symptoms and like a crawling sensation all over my face and body from the heat.

It's almost like I shouldn't lie down then but how else am I going to sleep?

They said they will check for anaemia (I don't have much meat and stopped having meat at all at one point for a very long time) and a full blood count to check if anything is wrong. I also got medication for the severe period pain episodes.

My sister used to vomit during her periods all the time and now she does it sometimes because of the period pain. She had investigations with her bloods and scans it came back normal.

Luckily we are living in our mum's house so it's fine as there are always people around but if I was to have these episodes when I live on my own then I am in trouble.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
What do you mean you don't bleed when you're lying down? What sorcery is this?

What is sorcery?

You don't bleed when you are lying flat.

:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
(edited 1 year ago)
What is sorcery?

You do…

You bleed less though.
:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Well my GP are refusing to do anything so..
Well my GP are refusing to do anything so..

I've never in my life heard of anybody not bleeding when lying down.
Original post by 5hyl33n
You do…

You bleed less though.

Yes you bleed less too.
Yes you bleed less too.

My reproductive system is arguing with you right now

Yes you bleed less too.

Which one is it?
I've never in my life heard of anybody not bleeding when lying down.

I probably do but very less during the first 2 heavy days of my period and the second day is when I have those symptoms.

During my third, 4th and 5th days it calms down and I barely lose anything because that's when it's stopping. During the heavy days I do expect to bleed at night but sometimes I don't and sometimes I do but less.
Don't get up abruptly. Take your time go slowly.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Which one is it?

I'm assuming I bleed less rather not not lose anything at all. I don't know because when I wake up it's like I didn't lose anything until I get up and lose it all at once and when I go to the toilet it's obviously covered in blood so how am I meant to know whether I lost blood less or didn't lose anything?
My reproductive system is arguing with you right now

I used to bleed like normal and a lot during my sleep up until 2020.

Quick Reply

Latest