The Student Room Group

Could you advise me please... radiography second degree

I have previously acquired funding for my Biomedical Science degree and my Neuroscience Msc but would dearly love to redirect my career towards Diagnostic Radiography. May I politely ask if there is any possible funding towards my undertaking a second undergrad degree as i have read there may be second degree exemptions. I'm 24 years of age and following a change in my personal life I will be living back home with my parents. Thank you and kindest regards Beth x
Original post by rothutd1
I have previously acquired funding for my Biomedical Science degree and my Neuroscience Msc but would dearly love to redirect my career towards Diagnostic Radiography. May I politely ask if there is any possible funding towards my undertaking a second undergrad degree as i have read there may be second degree exemptions. I'm 24 years of age and following a change in my personal life I will be living back home with my parents. Thank you and kindest regards Beth x

Hi Beth,

As radiography is an Allied Health Professional course, it is likely that this is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. This means that if you are not already registered in that field, we would disregard your previous study to award you with funding. You will need to apply or the relevant academic year to ensure your eligibility, as this will be reviewed by an assessor to confirm that the course you are attending is an exception course.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Beth,

As radiography is an Allied Health Professional course, it is likely that this is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. This means that if you are not already registered in that field, we would disregard your previous study to award you with funding. You will need to apply or the relevant academic year to ensure your eligibility, as this will be reviewed by an assessor to confirm that the course you are attending is an exception course.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I've read so much that everything seemed confused. I couldn't be sure if having already been fortunate to have been funded via student finance for my first degree and Msc that there is the possibility of further help..I never thought I'd go back to uni but thing haven't worked out how I'd hoped! I'll have a look at prospective courses and make enquiries. Thank you once again you are a star! Beth x
Original post by rothutd1
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I've read so much that everything seemed confused. I couldn't be sure if having already been fortunate to have been funded via student finance for my first degree and Msc that there is the possibility of further help..I never thought I'd go back to uni but thing haven't worked out how I'd hoped! I'll have a look at prospective courses and make enquiries. Thank you once again you are a star! Beth x

You're welcome Beth, have a lovely day! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending