The Student Room Group

Working whilst studying

Hi everyone

So Iv applied to do OT in September (got an interview next month). The job I do now has no relevance to OT, Iv been looking and applying for healthcare assistant jobs and was hoping to do bank work during my studies but had no luck so far 😫
I’m about to start volunteering with Age Concern and do have previous care experience.
So my question is how are people planning to earn money whilst studying and does anyone have any ideas of how else I can get more experience in my chosen field?
Original post by Noodles40
Hi everyone

So Iv applied to do OT in September (got an interview next month). The job I do now has no relevance to OT, Iv been looking and applying for healthcare assistant jobs and was hoping to do bank work during my studies but had no luck so far 😫
I’m about to start volunteering with Age Concern and do have previous care experience.
So my question is how are people planning to earn money whilst studying and does anyone have any ideas of how else I can get more experience in my chosen field?

Hi @Noodles40,

Massive congrats on your interview - that's amazing!!! :biggrin:

In terms of getting experience in OT, have you tried contacting trusts about shadowing, or talking to, OTs? Could be a good way to start :smile:

Regarding jobs when you're studying, obviously a lot will depend on the course but universities will have job shops that can help to find you work - and there are often some flexible roles (for example, as student ambassadors) that you can apply for too.

I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, please just let us know!

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Salford
Hi @Noodles40,

Massive congrats on your interview - that's amazing!!! :biggrin:

In terms of getting experience in OT, have you tried contacting trusts about shadowing, or talking to, OTs? Could be a good way to start :smile:

Regarding jobs when you're studying, obviously a lot will depend on the course but universities will have job shops that can help to find you work - and there are often some flexible roles (for example, as student ambassadors) that you can apply for too.

I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, please just let us know!

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep

Sorry for the late reply, thats very helpful thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending