The Student Room Group

I have two offers. How should I go about them?

Hey!
I have gotten offers for my postgraduate course from two universities (till now)-- University of Law and King's College London. Obviously I wanna go into King's. But I am worried that I might not meet its offer conditions, and also don't want to miss out on ULaw in case I don't get into KCL. How should I go about accepting my offer? Should I accept both the offers now and then cancel one later (will I get my deposit back?) or is there some other way of going about this? What do you people in the UK do in such a case?
Reply 1
Hi there,
Just want to know a few things:

1. What course do you want to study?

2. What grades do you have?

3. What other universities have you applied to besides Kings College and Uni of Law?
Original post by MgnsYatharth
Hey!
I have gotten offers for my postgraduate course from two universities (till now)-- University of Law and King's College London. Obviously I wanna go into King's. But I am worried that I might not meet its offer conditions, and also don't want to miss out on ULaw in case I don't get into KCL. How should I go about accepting my offer? Should I accept both the offers now and then cancel one later (will I get my deposit back?) or is there some other way of going about this? What do you people in the UK do in such a case?

You can accept multiple postgrad offers with no issues beyond potentially losing your deposit and perhaps having to amend any funding applications you have. However, one other potential concern will be sorting out accommodation - when will your results be known?

You need to read King's deposit terms closely. It may state that it is refundable if you do not satisfy the academic conditions.
Original post by Isa_04
Hi there,
Just want to know a few things:

1. What course do you want to study?

2. What grades do you have?

3. What other universities have you applied to besides Kings College and Uni of Law?

Hey,
Sorry for replying this late.
1. MSc Law and Professional Practice
2. 6.41 CGPA in my penultimate semester. The conditional offers wants a 6 GPA final.
3. KCL, Uni of Law, BPP Uni and London Metropolitan
Reply 4
Hey,
Sorry for replying this late.
1. MSc Law and Professional Practice
2. 6.41 CGPA in my penultimate semester. The conditional offers wants a 6 GPA final.
3. KCL, Uni of Law, BPP Uni and London Metropolitan

IMO, I would go with either KCL or Uni of law
Both of those unis are really good but I think KCL might be a bit better for employment as it is in London
Hey!

Hi @MgnsYatharth :smile:

It's great to hear that you're considering studying for your postgrad at The University of Law!

If you have any questions about ULAW or our Msc courses, just let me know - I'd be happy to help.

Laura :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending