The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Student´s lifestyle

Hello! am applying to start a postgraduate degree in organizational psychology in Sussex, I would like what does the universitity offer to international students? How is Sussex, does it has nightlife or different activities for students? On the other hand I am considering the University of Kent or Surrey, do you have any reference about them?

Any comment is good for me.
Hi there!

I'm a current student at Surrey and have absolutely loved my almost 4 years studying here. Although the main reason for why I chose Surrey was the course as it really suited me, after visiting on an offer holder day, I absolutely fell in love with the campus. For me, it's the perfect mix between being close to a city centre so plenty of restaurants, bars, pubs, cinema, gym, theatre, ice skating, etc, but it's also got an element of nature and countryside with the beautiful campus lake and the deer around campus in the mornings. It's also so close to London (30 minutes by train) so super convenient at the weekends. Surrey is so welcoming too, especially as its a campus university so the community spirit feels really strong and you can't walk around campus without bumping into at least someone you know.

If you'd like to take part in a postgraduate course open day, check out the info here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate-study/events

I hope this has helped make the best decision for you! If you have any more questions about studying at Surrey, or would like to speak to a Psychology student ambassador, feel free to get in touch! We hope to see you at Surrey in September :smile:

Best wishes,
Alice
Final year languages student
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! am applying to start a postgraduate degree in organizational psychology in Sussex, I would like what does the universitity offer to international students? How is Sussex, does it has nightlife or different activities for students? On the other hand I am considering the University of Kent or Surrey, do you have any reference about them?

Any comment is good for me.

Hi there!

I am currently a final year student at Kent University which is widely known for its massive international student population, so I am sure that the university has plenty to offer in that regard!

If you are considering studying at Kent there will be plenty of activities for you to engage with throughout university: sports clubs, academic societies, mindfulness groups, cultural groups which are quite special for international students to get together and find a home away from home. So there is plenty of variety there.

In terms of nightlife, our university has its own in-campus club and hosts multiple weekly events for students. Or if you prefer quieter activities, we have bars and restaurants across campus where you can unwind with your friends or attend open mics, quizzes, watch matches. Or if you want to do something different, the campus is just a 10 minutes bus ride away from the town where you can find dozens of pubs, bars, restaurants and a club too. So you will have plenty of options to choose from!

Our student union is dedicated to making sure students have a great experience at university and they always keep students updated with new events. If you are curious and want to have a look at what the Kent University experience is like, you can browse this website: https://www.kent.ac.uk/locations/canterbury/campus-life
and check out the Kent Union page to have an idea of the day to day experience at Kent: https://www.instagram.com/kentunion/

I hope this helps and best of luck :smile:

Tracy
UKC Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending