The Student Room Group

Applying to UK universities as a international student.

Hello everyone,hope you all are doing well.I'm in grade 11 which is equivalent to year 12 in UK .i am from Pakistan (not studying alevels).I am intrested in studying in uk for undergraduate and have started doing my research.I have some questions and hope someone can answer them.
1) Apart from the league tables,which universities are worth the money and reputation for bachelors in comp sci and are also safe schools?I dont want to keep unrealistic goals so..please students studying in uk ,tell me.
2)Uk unis mainly foucus on academia in UCAS application but extra curricular related to course study can be mentioned,so does participating in virtual summer programs (like girls who code,kode with klossy ,Standfords SPINWIP and other research programs )given importance?will they be enough for my application?(i will particpate in more activities in coming months).
3)As I will have to study foundation year first,so which uni should i apply for fiundation year?
I'm afraid I can't offer any advice to your points 1) and 3), since I didn't study CompSci or a foundation year. However, as regards to point 2), it is great to mention any course-relevant activities you undertake outside your school curriculum - this shows passion for your subject and initiative in academic work in addition to your grades. For Oxford and Cambridge Universities, these activities are referred to as 'super-curriculars'. Their websites have useful suggestions for each subject, including CompSci.
Best of luck in your applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending