The Student Room Group

Teacher leaving

I wrote my teacher a card to say goodbye and good luck and i wrote at the end “I will miss you, and I wish you all the best for your future” and I feel like that sounds wrong now because it sounds too personal.

Please give me honest opinions.

Cheers
If it were me, I'd be both flattered and touched. As it'd tell me I've at least had an impact on one person under my care. That's me though and I value the little touches like leving cards and people just offering thanks or recognition of good efforts and work.
I think he did appreciate it. He was a lovely man, and I just wanted him to know that he was valued as a teacher. I am like you, I love to make sure people are valued for the work they do.
I think that's very nice - I'm sure he's happy with that
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
I think that's very nice - I'm sure he's happy with that

I think he is :smile: Problem: I really wanted to stay in contact with him but I think that would’ve been a bit much haha
Original post by Anonymous
I think he is :smile: Problem: I really wanted to stay in contact with him but I think that would’ve been a bit much haha

Hmm, i mean its not completely unheard of, a friend of mine was really good friends with a teacher and when she left the teacher gave her her email address, and said she should come stay on holiday with her when she's 18. Though tbf not sure it was all entirely legal, and (controversial and presumptive I know) but the fact you 2 are different sexes might also raise eyebrows..
so true. it’s awful there is that stigma around it as well ☹️
i guess i could just live the life of mystery for a while and if i do see him on social media or bump into him then so be it!
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
If it were me, I'd be both flattered and touched. As it'd tell me I've at least had an impact on one person under my care. That's me though and I value the little touches like leving cards and people just offering thanks or recognition of good efforts and work.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending