The Student Room Group

Motivation gone - 3rd year sixth form college

has anyone actually managed to break through the mental block in the last trimester for exams,
this is my second time repeating second year psychology a-level and tbh im losing all motivation to revise and push through it , its march the exams are in may and i have not touched revision at all, im skimming past the failure line with with Ds but i cannot find it in me to continue with revision because it just doesn't work
Original post by aaliyahgnc
has anyone actually managed to break through the mental block in the last trimester for exams,
this is my second time repeating second year psychology a-level and tbh im losing all motivation to revise and push through it , its march the exams are in may and i have not touched revision at all, im skimming past the failure line with with Ds but i cannot find it in me to continue with revision because it just doesn't work

Keep trying, keep going through weak areas, PPQs and past papers. Eventually something will click.

This is what I'm doing and it'll eventually work, even if it takes a long time.
Hi,

It is almost the end of the school year, it might be that you have worked so hard for a long time and feel that way because your mind and body need a break. That is perfectly fine as we are not robots. I would strongly recommend a day or longer break to restore energy and motivation. Dedicate the time to leisure and proper rest. I am pretty sure you will see a difference. That is what I always do when I feel like I lack of motivation.

Additionally, when I feel overwhelmed I always create a detailed plan of learning so that I can get rid of stress and fear that I will not finish everything on time. Divide the material into smaller pieces that you can fit into your daily calendar. With a plan like that I am calm and assured that I will be done before the deadline.

I hope I could help! :h:

Take care,

Julia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending