The Student Room Group

bf giving me **** for taking xanax every day

he calls me weak, a coward, unable to deal with life, an addict etc even though i'm not -i've been taking benzos on as needed basis - prescribed by a doctor - since my early teens. i can easily go for days/weeks without them. just not right now.
i cant deal with life rn despite being on a high dose of antidepressants, too. im in a constant state of panic/anxiety when i dont take benzos.

i had to get this off my chest. i feel like he doesnt understand me at all sometimes.
He sounds like an insensitive douche. But, Ciel, you're you, you know.
Reply 2
Original post by Kovalensky
He sounds like an insensitive douche. But, Ciel, you're you, you know.

i know :<
Original post by Ciel.
he calls me weak, a coward, unable to deal with life, an addict etc even though i'm not -i've been taking benzos on as needed basis - prescribed by a doctor - since my early teens. i can easily go for days/weeks without them. just not right now.
i cant deal with life rn despite being on a high dose of antidepressants, too. im in a constant state of panic/anxiety when i dont take benzos.

i had to get this off my chest. i feel like he doesnt understand me at all sometimes.

you do not need that okay? dump him if hes being controlling domestic and verbally abusive then leave him listen i know its hard but its for the best if he cant see how amazing you are then he doesnt deserve you if he doesn't treat you like a king/queen/ruler then he isn't worth your time or love!!
Literally everything you've posted about your relationship has been extremely toxic, break up already, it's unhealthy.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19962288/

This study showed that Lavender Oil (which has no sedative effect and no potential for addiction) was just as effective as benzodiazepine for amelioration of generalised anxiety disorder.
Posting this for your information. Make of it what you will.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger

This study showed that Lavender Oil (which has no sedative effect and no potential for addiction) was just as effective as benzodiazepine for amelioration of generalised anxiety disorder.

I’ve currently been studying a lot of information on the Wim Hoff Breathing Method and putting it into practice myself… it actually is showing some great benefits for me personally.. I’ve been prescribed benzodiazepines myself before, as well as many other types of medication regarding the treatment of anxiety and depression.. I’ve now discovered that the practice of controlled breathing methods “meditation” has helped far more than any of these prescribed meds that I’ve spent many years chained to, as for the OP, it sounds to me like the person you call your boyfriend is one of the last people you actually need in your life right now, the negativity he’s spewing out towards you must be so mentally draining and hurtful.. to a point where it will most certainly prolong your need to be on these types of medicine.. one of the most important things I learned whilst on my own personal journey of healing myself was to completely cut off any negative people from my life, however close they are to you and visa versa… the negative energy that they help surround you with has a massively detrimental effect upon your mental health and your progress towards getting it back onto the right track… Ditch the loser, he’s doing you zero favours
Reply 7
Original post by BreeChann321
you do not need that okay? dump him if hes being controlling domestic and verbally abusive then leave him listen i know its hard but its for the best if he cant see how amazing you are then he doesnt deserve you if he doesn't treat you like a king/queen/ruler then he isn't worth your time or love!!

he has a point tbh. i cant blame him for being frustrated with me, despite everyhing he does for me im still unable to get my life together

Original post by Dunnig Kruger

thanks, i'll check it out but i feel like i need the sedating effect, its the only thing that works
Original post by Biggz1984
I’ve currently been studying a lot of information on the Wim Hoff Breathing Method and putting it into practice myself… it actually is showing some great benefits for me personally.. I’ve been prescribed benzodiazepines myself before, as well as many other types of medication regarding the treatment of anxiety and depression.. I’ve now discovered that the practice of controlled breathing methods “meditation” has helped far more than any of these prescribed meds that I’ve spent many years chained to, as for the OP, it sounds to me like the person you call your boyfriend is one of the last people you actually need in your life right now, the negativity he’s spewing out towards you must be so mentally draining and hurtful.. to a point where it will most certainly prolong your need to be on these types of medicine.. one of the most important things I learned whilst on my own personal journey of healing myself was to completely cut off any negative people from my life, however close they are to you and visa versa… the negative energy that they help surround you with has a massively detrimental effect upon your mental health and your progress towards getting it back onto the right track… Ditch the loser, he’s doing you zero favours

eh. he's a good guy. but im a mess, and its been going on for years now. so he's just sick of it all i guess. whatever is wrong me just isnt curable i think.......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending