The Student Room Group

Student midwife

So im starting uni in September for midwifery and I know student midwives and midwives use fob watches and have to tell the time quickly, the problem is I’m kinda slow at processing things, I even had to do a examination and they concluded I take long to process information so I got extra time in exams . The thing is it takes me a while when reading a clock, will this be a problem especially when reading fob watches as they’re so small?
Think you can get a digital fob watch x
Original post by Anonymous
So im starting uni in September for midwifery and I know student midwives and midwives use fob watches and have to tell the time quickly, the problem is I’m kinda slow at processing things, I even had to do a examination and they concluded I take long to process information so I got extra time in exams . The thing is it takes me a while when reading a clock, will this be a problem especially when reading fob watches as they’re so small?

I think this is just something that will improve over time and with regular practice. You could also look for fob watches that are digital, not analogue so it's quicker and easier for you to read the time.

Hello,

I hope you're well. I think you should be okay, fob watch times are very clear and what I would advise you do is buy your fob watch early and practice speeding up at being able to tell the time so that you can familiarise yourself with it. Also, remember you will normal have a registered midwife with you, who can help. Another alternative is perhaps seeing if their are digital fob watches available, rather than clock interface ones as that might help you.

Best of luck
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 4

I have an account for 1st year student midwives @studentmidwifeanni Feel free to message me xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending