The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to treat others like family/friends?

I have been told that I am kind and I treat people like family and friends - and that's why I get disappointment when people are not kind back.Is it wrong to treat others like family/friendds?
It is an invitation to abusers & financial exploitation to get into the habit of being very generous with people that you barely know in terms of your money, time, physical gifts and emotional investment.
Word travels very fast.
Doing so will only make you a magnet for all manner of freeloaders, parasitic creeps, pestering opportunists and dangerous predators.
It is not wrong - on the contrary, it shows that you care for others in a way that most people do not. However as you mentioned not everyone is as kind-hearted and it can be frustrating to feel the disappointment and perhaps sometimes regret at others not welcoming your generosity, but don't let others determine that part of your life. If it makes you happy to be kind to others and those you care about, let that happiness guide you.
I also want to say that there are people who will try to take advantage of you and/or manipulate you for their own benefit. Stay away from them; it isn't worth the pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending