The Student Room Group

Need advice for better understanding

I & my boyfriend are in 11 years of relationship. I started dating when I was 16 years old and he was 21.

The problem is
he has never taken me to his friends get together because, to my knowledge, he thinks I do not look good. I have been looking after him like a parent from food to everything whenever he is in need. He was in debt ...I supported him financially and mentally throughout his downfall.
He spends time with me when he feels like it. His family disrespects me in a very smart way whenever I visit their place. For the last 2 years, his family is making sure that I am not there during his birthday celebration. Even he did not invite me when he got to know that the birthday surprise will be thrown by his family.

I have been super loyal in my relationship...he is not supporting me during my downfall (unemployment/works on small projects). He just says that you have created a problem for yourself. Now he is earning more than me ....he started disrespecting me in front of everyone. I am super annoyed and disheartened.

Now the confusing part is - He only mentally supports me in my higher education. He is someone who knows my likes & dislikes. I am the only person who knows how to manage his personal and professional things. He is super hardworking for his family.

Please give me some advice on what should i do...
I’m sure you’d love a more detailed response, but you should break up and move on with your life.
Original post by Sau0302
I & my boyfriend are in 11 years of relationship. I started dating when I was 16 years old and he was 21.

The problem is
he has never taken me to his friends get together because, to my knowledge, he thinks I do not look good. I have been looking after him like a parent from food to everything whenever he is in need. He was in debt ...I supported him financially and mentally throughout his downfall.
He spends time with me when he feels like it. His family disrespects me in a very smart way whenever I visit their place. For the last 2 years, his family is making sure that I am not there during his birthday celebration. Even he did not invite me when he got to know that the birthday surprise will be thrown by his family.

I have been super loyal in my relationship...he is not supporting me during my downfall (unemployment/works on small projects). He just says that you have created a problem for yourself. Now he is earning more than me ....he started disrespecting me in front of everyone. I am super annoyed and disheartened.

Now the confusing part is - He only mentally supports me in my higher education. He is someone who knows my likes & dislikes. I am the only person who knows how to manage his personal and professional things. He is super hardworking for his family.

Please give me some advice on what should i do...

I don't reckon he's the right guy for you. Even after putting in loads of effort from your side, he's saying you don't look good and he's not showing his concern for you in your hard times, then I would say you should dump him. You deserve better.
I strongly suggest using some logic, common sense and critically analysing your own situation. The conclusion you should reach is that you should dump him.
Reply 4
Thank you,
jay2013, Admit-One & Meheraj for your quick response. It means a lot to me. All the best for future endeavors!
Original post by Sau0302
Thank you,
jay2013, Admit-One & Meheraj for your quick response. It means a lot to me. All the best for future endeavors!

You're very welcome! ☺️

Fingers crossed for you! 🙌
Original post by Sau0302
Thank you,

Onwards and upwards for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending