The Student Room Group

what should I say when work in a new company the first day

I am an English learner, I am going to a new company next week,what should I say the first day,I mean how to greet colleagues at first day.
Original post by lhj123
I am an English learner, I am going to a new company next week,what should I say the first day,I mean how to greet colleagues at first day.

Hi there @lhj123 , firstly, congratulations on heading to a new company! Greeting people for the first time can be a bit awkward, but confidence, a smile, and being open and friendly goes a long way.:h:

I'd say one of the best professional opening phrases is: 'Hello, I'm (introduce yourself), it's a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to working with you!' :hi:
If the environment is more relaxed then just a small phrase when you're introduced, or introducing yourself, will do: 'Hi/Hiya,Hello! I'm (your name), nice to meet you. How're you doing? / OR / How are we doing - alright?'

You can change this up and add in conversation about how their day has been, the space you're working in, and other positive chit chat too! A bit of small talk can set the tone and make you a bit more at ease and ready to spark up conversation with colleagues.

I hope this helps - and remember you've got this!

Best,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there @lhj123 , firstly, congratulations on heading to a new company! Greeting people for the first time can be a bit awkward, but confidence, a smile, and being open and friendly goes a long way.:h:

I'd say one of the best professional opening phrases is: 'Hello, I'm (introduce yourself), it's a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to working with you!' :hi:
If the environment is more relaxed then just a small phrase when you're introduced, or introducing yourself, will do: 'Hi/Hiya,Hello! I'm (your name), nice to meet you. How're you doing? / OR / How are we doing - alright?'

You can change this up and add in conversation about how their day has been, the space you're working in, and other positive chit chat too! A bit of small talk can set the tone and make you a bit more at ease and ready to spark up conversation with colleagues.

I hope this helps - and remember you've got this!

Best,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.

thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending