The Student Room Group

CeFS, EPQ or AS Further maths?

I have to choose my sixth form subject choices soon and I'm not sure what extension option to pick. I'm stuck between EPQ, CeFS and AS Further Maths.
I was gonna do epq because of all the university benefits etc etc but i suck at writing essays and this kind of stuff so i doubt i'd do that great.
AS further maths would go well with my subjects (maths physics dt - i wanna do engineering) but i'm scared it'd be too difficult for me. With CeFS, i feel like it'd be a good thing to study since i wanna be financially smart
But i heard that universities don't value AS levels and CeFS that much so I don't know what to pick
Anyone got any advice?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by myuyuo
I have to choose my sixth form subject choices soon and I'm not sure what extension option to pick. I'm stuck between EPQ, CeFS and AS Further Maths.
I was gonna do epq because of all the university benefits etc etc but i suck at writing essays and this kind of stuff so i doubt i'd do that great.
AS further maths would go well with my subjects (maths physics dt - i wanna do engineering) but i'm scared it'd be too difficult for me. With CeFS, i feel like it'd be a good thing to study since i wanna be financially smart
But i heard that universities don't value AS levels and CeFS that much so I don't know what to pick
Anyone got any advice?

It is worth noting that you don't have to do a dissertation for EPQ (although you still need to write up a report).
If you want to do engineering then further maths would probably be a good option. I really enjoyed the EPQ despite not enjoying essays that much because I chose I topic I found really interesting so if there's anything you'd enjoy researching for hours then the EPQ might not actually be that bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending