The Student Room Group

Social work degree

Hello,

I'm really interested to study a Social work degree. I have a HND in theatre studies from over 20 years ago for which I received a student loan (it was the second year of student loans system started) and have paid it back.

Which are the best study option? Full time/ part time /OU? I'm a mature student and have 2 small children that I previously fostered on a Special Guardianship Order.
Is Social work on the exemption course list and should I get funding?

Thanks
Original post by FosteringJo
Hello,

I'm really interested to study a Social work degree. I have a HND in theatre studies from over 20 years ago for which I received a student loan (it was the second year of student loans system started) and have paid it back.

Which are the best study option? Full time/ part time /OU? I'm a mature student and have 2 small children that I previously fostered on a Special Guardianship Order.
Is Social work on the exemption course list and should I get funding?

Thanks

Hi there, Social Work is considered an exception course,which means students who already hold an ELQ will be eligible for maintenance loan support (as well as supplementary grants and/or DSA where applicable) if they start a new course leading to a qualification as a social worker. However if you do not hold the equivalent qualification and hold a lower qualification we will calculate your previous study to determine what funding you are eligible to receive. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending