The Student Room Group

Second Degree in Social Work - is it possible to get student finance?

Hi,
I'm interested in going back to uni to study Social Work as a second degree, but as far as I can see I won't be eligible for any tuition loans? Can you shed some light on what I would be able to apply for as google has so many conflicting answers.
Thanks!
Hi there,

Most Social Work courses are exceptions when studied part-time. So, if you decide to go part-time you'll be entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan for the duration of your course. And, so long as you're not distance learning you should get the Maintenance Loan too.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check this.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hiya I was hoping to go to Brighton uni but I don't believe they do a part time degree. How comes you can only get a tuition loan for part time?
Original post by lmet123
Hiya I was hoping to go to Brighton uni but I don't believe they do a part time degree. How comes you can only get a tuition loan for part time?

Hi there,

If you're studying the course via distance learning this is because you're not physically attending the university. So you're only entitled to the maintenance loan if you're studying distance learning due to a disability that physically prevents you from attending a course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you're studying the course via distance learning this is because you're not physically attending the university. So you're only entitled to the maintenance loan if you're studying distance learning due to a disability that physically prevents you from attending a course. Thanks, Jason

Hiya, no I want to attend the uni full time and am wondering if I'll get funding for this as a second degree. Thanks
Hi lmet123,

As my colleague previously mentioned, you will not be able to get funding to study a 2nd degree in social work if you are studying full time.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending