The Student Room Group

Texts a 1am

Hi! I'd like advice on this matter:
I woke up at 11am on Monday, and saw a message from my crush sent at 1am, that says "I love you with my whole heart", "I don't care what the boys say". What should I do? Cause this text was probably sent by him when he was drunk, so...?
Any advice, please
I'd appreciate it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
“I think you might’ve sent it to the wrong number”
"So, were you out drinking last night or..."
Original post by Kschu
“I think you might’ve sent it to the wrong number”

No, the text was from my crush, that he sent to me on IG.
Original post by Admit-One
"So, were you out drinking last night or..."

I was asleep at that hour. I don't drink.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
No, the text was from my crush, that he sent to me on IG.

“I think you might’ve sent it to the wrong person”
Original post by Kschu
“I think you might’ve sent it to the wrong person”

What do u mean?
Reply 7
What do u mean?

Suggesting what you could respond to the message? Reply with “I think you might’ve sent it to the wrong person”
Original post by Kschu
Suggesting what you could respond to the message? Reply with “I think you might’ve sent it to the wrong person”

Do u think it's appropriate to reply him? Should I wait for him to be sober (well, it's been 2 days already) and to see if he messages me on his own?
Do u think it's appropriate to reply him? Should I wait for him to be sober (well, it's been 2 days already) and to see if he messages me on his own?

It’s been 2 whole days…just reply to him.
(Original post by Sorcerer of Old)It’s been 2 whole days…just reply to him.

Original post by Sorcerer of Old
It’s been 2 whole days…just reply to him.

Like what?
Reply 11

Why would it be inappropriate to reply to him? He messaged you first so you have every right to question him why he’s messaging you randomly at 1am (even if it was an accident/mistake).
(Original post by Sorcerer of Old)It’s been 2 whole days…just reply to him.

Like what?

Send heart eyes emoji
Original post by Kschu
Why would it be inappropriate to reply to him? He messaged you first so you have every right to question him why he’s messaging you randomly at 1am (even if it was an accident/mistake).

Cause we don't know each other. Like, when I was at school, I was Y13 and he was in Y12, so I noticed he always looked at me, when I caught him staring at me, he looked away, so I assume he has a crush on me, and I like him as well cause he's my type of guy. Then, last year, I went off to uni, I'm in uni, and he's still at Y13, well, it's a long story.

Can I have your IG or WhatsApp number to tell you a bit the story?
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Send heart eyes emoji

I dunno if that's okay, cause we don't know each other well, we've never talked.
Reply 15
Cause we don't know each other. Like, when I was at school, I was Y13 and he was in Y12, so I noticed he always looked at me, when I caught him staring at me, he looked away, so I assume he has a crush on me, and I like him as well cause he's my type of guy. Then, last year, I went off to uni, I'm in uni, and he's still at Y13, well, it's a long story.

Can I have your IG or WhatsApp number to tell you a bit the story?

This is a good excuse/chance/opportunity to start a conversation and to get to know each other, so reply to him and see how it goes from there. Why are you hesitant? He messaged you first.
I was asleep at that hour. I don't drink.

No, the bit in quotes is what you send to him as a follow up.

Of course it’s appropriate to reply, he texted you and said he loved you. It may have been a wrong number or a drunk message but you’ve nothing to lose by asking.
Original post by Admit-One
No, the bit in quotes is what you send to him as a follow up.

Of course it’s appropriate to reply, he texted you and said he loved you. It may have been a wrong number or a drunk message but you’ve nothing to lose by asking.

I'm 100% sure, it was a drunk message, so why should I reply, if by being drunk he doesn't really mean it?
I'm 100% sure, it was a drunk message, so why should I reply, if by being drunk he doesn't really mean it?

To prompt a bit of regret on his part for being a tool.
I'm also confused how he had your number if you've never spoken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending