The Student Room Group

Feeling the Odd One out in a Group Convo

I use to be shy but from sept onwards I have changed.

I have improved but whenever it comes to conversation with more than 3 people I feel like I am the odd one out. Whenever they laugh I laugh but yh I just wanna feel welcomed.

How do I do it.

Practise???
Reply 1
Original post by zayn_24
I use to be shy but from sept onwards I have changed.

I have improved but whenever it comes to conversation with more than 3 people I feel like I am the odd one out. Whenever they laugh I laugh but yh I just wanna feel welcomed.

How do I do it.

Practise???

1. this happens to me
2.tell them how you feel
3. find some more friends
4. sometimes you need to start the convo
Honestly I was still experiencing this at school until I distanced myself form the group and made some genuine friends. Real genuine people would make an effort to include everyone group in group discussions
Reply 3
True.

Its just that literally from the 8th of May we are basically not in school cos I got A Levels.

This means from May until September 11th I basically wont be having long terms.

I guess I have to make most of it now. Try and be more socially active.

Its just that they seem to not really care about me. There was this event that I was literally sitting next to them while they were booking it.

I could've forced myself to participate but I didnt.

So they then went without me.

TBH I dont care cos I had coursework but still.

There's a group of friends I'd love to hang out cos my ones are more like acquaintances
If it makes you fee any better I was in the exact same situation as you but I managed to find one genuine friend in my school. You sound misunderstood and I get it tbh.

Original post by zayn_24
True.

Its just that literally from the 8th of May we are basically not in school cos I got A Levels.

Its just that they seem to not really care about me. There was this event that I was literally sitting next to them while they were booking it.

There's a group of friends I'd love to hang out cos my ones are more like acquaintances
(edited 1 year ago)
Definitely try to be friends with someone in that group for example if someone there shares the same subject as u try talking to them about it and see where you end up

Original post by zayn_24
True.

Reply 6
Original post by Mardeline Pepple
If it makes you fee any better I was in the exact same situation as you but I managed to find one genuine friend in my school but if that’s not the case for u I can be ur friend. You sound misunderstood and I get it tbh.

Kinda weird tbh u wanna be my friend LOL.

But I dont mind.

What was it like for u then.

I dunno if u wanna have my socials.
Original post by zayn_24
Kinda weird tbh u wanna be my friend LOL.

But I dont mind.

What was it like for u then.

I dunno if u wanna have my socials.

LOL sorry xxxx didn’t mean it in a weird way Um tbh I’ve been through a lot of bas friends so I’ve become kinda immune to situations like this but at the time I just stopped talking to the people completely and slowly became close to this one really nice person. To put it short I’m really unbothered
Reply 8
Fair enough

TBH coming to think about it most male guys usually hang around with a bunch of friends. Like they dont really have best friend as they can chill with anyone. I can basically do that, but I prefer quality over quantity.

Like I wanna go out somewhere with my friends but cant really as they dont like it. They prefer to game or basically just meet with girls.

Well I feel good for you.

Hopefully it will happen to me this year.
If they leave you out of things, they're not mature enough to handle people with kindness and respect. Express how you feel to them, if they take it badly or don't change their behaviour, they won't be friends worth keeping in contact with. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest