The Student Room Group

How long are you willing to wait before sex

I’m not a brit but I’m studying here and I grew up in a pretty conservative family.

I’m still a virgin at 19 but everyone else around me in university has had sex many times before. I have also never been in a relationship.

I’m flirting with this guy and he has asked me out on a date. I want to have a boyfriend but I’m also really scared about my first time having sex. I want to do it with someone who I actually trust.

How long would you guys be willing to wait?
Rather than follow what others are doing, ask yourself what do you want from life. Get advice from people who are older than you and can share their experience.

If you want a traditional life - commitment, marriage, children, family - it may be best to save sex for marriage.

As a woman, sleeping around at university is very easy. And it'll probably be easy for your next 10 years - so don't feel the need to rush. First ask yourself if it is truly what you want.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not a brit but I’m studying here and I grew up in a pretty conservative family.

I’m still a virgin at 19 but everyone else around me in university has had sex many times before. I have also never been in a relationship.

I’m flirting with this guy and he has asked me out on a date. I want to have a boyfriend but I’m also really scared about my first time having sex. I want to do it with someone who I actually trust.

How long would you guys be willing to wait?

I’m still a virgin at 20 and basically in the same boat. One of my friends has made me feel like **** for never having sex before but I’ve never had anyone take any interest in me before except from creepy older guys so it’s not really my fault 😭 what I’ve learned is that there’s no rush and you shouldn’t feel pressured to do anything just because your friends are. You’ll know when you feel ready. I’d say meet this guy and see how things progress but just take it slowly <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending