The Student Room Group

I was driving around 44 ish in a 40 and quickly broke when I saw the camera

I’m super scared I’m going to get caught, I’ve been driving for about two months and am insured on my dads car. I’m super nervous. Will I get a ticket. I didn’t even notice the camera as it was super rainy. What will happen?
You're highly likely to be fine. If your speedometer was showing 44 you were probably actually doing about 41, and the camera won't trigger at that speed. Depending on the type of camera there would also have been a flash, which would probably have been obvious even in the rain. The only way to know for sure is to see if you get a NIP in the next two weeks, though in practice it's usually sooner than that. If you haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks you'll be fine, but I would try not to worry too much in the mean time, because as I say, I don't think it's likely that the camera caught you.

Obviously for future you can and should learn from this. Not only is there no need to be going 44 in a 40, but even in adverse weather speed cameras really do stand out and you should still be able to see them very clearly. It's a lesson not only to watch your speed, but to pay attention more generally.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte10143
I’m super scared I’m going to get caught, I’ve been driving for about two months and am insured on my dads car. I’m super nervous. Will I get a ticket. I didn’t even notice the camera as it was super rainy. What will happen?

youll be fine they usually only trigger when your about 6-10+ above the speed limit so like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending