The Student Room Group

1st Year Uni Student Summer Holidays

[redacted for privacy reasons]
(edited 1 year ago)
@Blueberry Jam

It sounds like you have given the summer a lot of thought and that you have great ideas on the best way to maximise the summer! You have about 3 months off, which is a lot of time!

It might be an idea to make some time for your grandmother. It will help her feel appreciated and valued and she will know that while lots exciting things are going on in your life, you haven't forgotten her! Depending on your grandmother's age, it may also be important to try and make time for her as with older relatives anything can happen.

It's nice to have someone to travel with, but you might have to be prepared to travel on your own.

Fruit-picking is hard work! Long hours and in all weathers. If you do not need the money, it might be better to volunteer to help people with their gardens or allotments rather than committing yourself to some tough labour!

Remember that you don't have to try and do everything this summer. You can keep some stuff for next summer too : )!

Whatever you decide, make sure that you do rest and return to your studies refreshed.

Last year, I worked the whole summer and just felt really tired on my return back to uni. It took me awhile to get back into swing of things.

Have a great summer : )

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
@Blueberry Jam

Sounds like a great summer : )

Thanks,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending