The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Current student options

I desperately need advice regarding my options. I have had to resit a year because I failed a 10 credits module (38%), where otherwise was on a healthy path to a very good 2:2 at the least.
I have made several calls to my faculty, students advisory services, tutor, research and everywhere to find out what my options are but unfortunately I have not been able to get the help I need. Most of the time I get redirected or told to go on the website. I have not been able to get any concrete help and everything seems so generic. I am desperate to find out how I can proceed from here. I want to know how I can appeal my case or negotiate. I have not found the formal channels provided on the website as helpful. Please can you advice how I can get a 1 on 1 session with someone who is in a position to assist either frombthe university or as a service.

Many thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I desperately need advice regarding my options. I have had to resit a year because I failed a 10 credits module (38%), where otherwise was on a healthy path to a very good 2:2 at the least.
I have made several calls to my faculty, students advisory services, tutor, research and everywhere to find out what my options are but unfortunately I have not been able to get the help I need. Most of the time I get redirected or told to go on the website. I have not been able to get any concrete help and everything seems so generic. I am desperate to find out how I can proceed from here. I want to know how I can appeal my case or negotiate. I have not found the formal channels provided on the website as helpful. Please can you advice how I can get a 1 on 1 session with someone who is in a position to assist either frombthe university or as a service.

Many thanks

I'm shocked that your student support haven't been of any help! Try to contact the head of department directly? Or perhaps find an office you can walk into within your university to speak face-to-face, just so you're taken a bit more seriously? Ensure you write an email or something to your student support services as well so you have something in writing to prove that you have attempted to find out what to do next, etc, should you need that paper trail as proof.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Your nana
I'm shocked that your student support haven't been of any help! Try to contact the head of department directly? Or perhaps find an office you can walk into within your university to speak face-to-face, just so you're taken a bit more seriously? Ensure you write an email or something to your student support services as well so you have something in writing to prove that you have attempted to find out what to do next, etc, should you need that paper trail as proof.

Thanks. Tried all that and more but very little help received. Will try again, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending