The Student Room Group

Gap Years and University applications

I think that I am going to not perform as well as I could in my mock exams coming up, I am looking to get at least an AAB. If I apply to universities after a gap year will they still look at my predicted grade or just the final result?
Thanks
If you apply with achieved grades, then your referee won't be putting any predicted grades, as you will have already achieved them. So a university will be looking at your achieved grades, or 'final result'
Original post by MRdiamond2006
I think that I am going to not perform as well as I could in my mock exams coming up, I am looking to get at least an AAB. If I apply to universities after a gap year will they still look at my predicted grade or just the final result?
Thanks

Hi,
Universities will be looking at your achieved grade, as said above, as these are the ones that you will be using to apply with them. If you are unsure on whether you will do well during your mocks but are confident about your actual exams, you can try to apply to universities that will accept your grades and possibly apply on the day of your results through clearing if you do better than predicted. Here is a link on the UCAS clearing guide to find out more
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing
Hope this helps!
- Malek
University of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending