The Student Room Group

horrible 'friend'

theres this person in my friendship group who is just the nastiest, most aggressive, rudest person ever. sometimes they border on nice but those times are very transient. they think everything they say is the truth. they are very argumentative to the point that we all have to back down whenever they say something even if its objectively wrong. if you try to defend yourself or someone else they get equally defensive and make out you're some overreacting monster. and no one in my friend group really talks about it because we're all very tolerant and they've been in the group for years even though every person in the group i talk to about it dislikes them. one time they were just outrageously rude to me for no reason and no one stood up for me which hurt me deeply. they have basically bullied everyone into submission and i feel like i'm about to snap. there's not loads of school left but i am just at a tipping point and feel like there might be a huge argument before the year ends which would be worst case scenario. should i leave my group chat to lessen the chance of this? im just not sure what to do
leave the gc or have a group discussion and kick her out, your mental health is important
Original post by Anonymous
theres this person in my friendship group who is just the nastiest, most aggressive, rudest person ever. sometimes they border on nice but those times are very transient. they think everything they say is the truth. they are very argumentative to the point that we all have to back down whenever they say something even if its objectively wrong. if you try to defend yourself or someone else they get equally defensive and make out you're some overreacting monster. and no one in my friend group really talks about it because we're all very tolerant and they've been in the group for years even though every person in the group i talk to about it dislikes them. one time they were just outrageously rude to me for no reason and no one stood up for me which hurt me deeply. they have basically bullied everyone into submission and i feel like i'm about to snap. there's not loads of school left but i am just at a tipping point and feel like there might be a huge argument before the year ends which would be worst case scenario. should i leave my group chat to lessen the chance of this? im just not sure what to do

I'm not in any group chats and I would personally say yes, leave the group chat because if there is a group argument, they can't drag your name into it. Also, why is everyone scared of this person? There's loads of you and only one of them. I would say try and get everyone to leave that groupchat and start a new one without that person in, or if you can depending which social media platform, get everyone to archive the chat then start a new group without that other person.

If I was in your personal situation, I know you find it hard to stick up for yourself against that person, I would have personally stuck up for myself, but I would say get a bunch of people as it's 5 voices against one and tell them your honest opinion of them and say you won't be hanging around them anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending