The Student Room Group

I have lost my only friend at uni

Today, my only uni friend messaged me today he doesn’t want to speak to me and I answered asking If I’ve done anything wrong and he hasn’t answered. He’s the only person I talk to at uni because I have no other friends and I fear that I may have done or said something to upset him. I don’t know what to do! This always seems to happen and I’m beginning two feel like I may be the problem. I’m quite socially awkward and introverted so I struggle to communicate and occasionally I come off as quite rude when that wasn’t my intention. I feel so bad because I feel like I’ve been a horrible person to him
what makes u feel like youve been a horrible person tho? (other than the fact that hes not talking to u)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
what makes u feel like youve been a horrible person tho? (other than the fact that hes not talking to u)

I don’t know. I think I come off as rude and insensitive even when I don’t mean to. I’ve clearly done something wrong too upset him
Today, my only uni friend messaged me today he doesn’t want to speak to me and I answered asking If I’ve done anything wrong and he hasn’t answered. He’s the only person I talk to at uni because I have no other friends and I fear that I may have done or said something to upset him. I don’t know what to do! This always seems to happen and I’m beginning two feel like I may be the problem. I’m quite socially awkward and introverted so I struggle to communicate and occasionally I come off as quite rude when that wasn’t my intention. I feel so bad because I feel like I’ve been a horrible person to him

in a similar position to you- lost a whole group of friends, 26 of them because one guy was bullying me and no one cared and he started spreading rumours so I decided to leave Acc. what year are you in and would you consider calling him?
Reply 4
Original post by mermaid019754
in a similar position to you- lost a whole group of friends, 26 of them because one guy was bullying me and no one cared and he started spreading rumours so I decided to leave Acc. what year are you in and would you consider calling him?

I tried to call but he didn’t answer my call. I don’t wanna just repeat call him because I don’t think that’s appropriate
I tried to call but he didn’t answer my call. I don’t wanna just repeat call him because I don’t think that’s appropriate

how about you leave it for a bit- at this point you cant chase someone to be your friend and there is no point in keeping a friendship alive if he doesn't want to reciprocate. leave him a message wishing him the best, to basically end it on a more positive note if that makes sense

just a suggestion x
Reply 6
Original post by mermaid019754
how about you leave it for a bit- at this point you cant chase someone to be your friend and there is no point in keeping a friendship alive if he doesn't want to reciprocate. leave him a message wishing him the best, to basically end it on a more positive note if that makes sense

just a suggestion x

Okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending