The Student Room Group

Is this Canadian asking me out for coffee just being polite?

I am a decade younger than him. He is my senior but not someone I directly relate to. We work at a small firm so everyone knows each other. I am leaving soon in May.

I only met him a few weeks ago because he was on a secondment in Nairobi. However, I have a huge crush on him. When he first met me, he shook my hand and said we should grab coffee. However, he never followed up. Then I asked him about his fund and he explained it to me, and asked me out for coffee to discuss it further. He never followed up on it.

What should I do to try and pursue it? Or will it all end in embarrassment and why?
Reply 1
Say ‘how about that coffee you suggested’
When he asked you for coffee, was he just being a friendly colleague, or asking you on a date?

It's difficult to judge, because say you have a huge crush on him, which means it's possible you're projecting your own feelings onto him, and interpreting what he says/does as showing romantic interest in you. Not saying that is the case, but it's possible.

As you're colleagues, you could always him if he wanted to get that coffee after all before he leaves, and then you can always brush it off as just being friendly/wishing him well in his new job if he isn't interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending