The Student Room Group

How do I know how good looking I am?

People have implied/called me ugly. Others, mostly men, have called me pretty and complimented my body
So it's very hard to understand how good looking I am
I personally think I look ok-- I am short, with pale skin, dark soft hair, small lips, small nose, slanted small eyes, thin eyebrows, chubby cheeks, rounded body
Original post by Anonymous
People have implied/called me ugly. Others, mostly men, have called me pretty and complimented my body
So it's very hard to understand how good looking I am
I personally think I look ok-- I am short, with pale skin, dark soft hair, small lips, small nose, slanted small eyes, thin eyebrows, chubby cheeks, rounded body

Thing is that attractiveness can vary from person to person, depending on their tastes, standards etc... in the same way different people like different types of food, music etc. Having said that, there are some universal things that are widely accepted as being universally attractive traits (e.g. good proportions / facial symmetry; sparkly eyes, a nice smile, cheekbones etc.)

If those "ugly" comments are from girls, I probably wouldn't pay too much notice of them... we all know how b****y / catty girls can be with each other. Moreover, if you're getting positive comments from guys, it shows it can't be true.

As the old saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating... if you're getting a lot of comments from guys, and you easily catch the eye of many of people when out and about, then you're clearly good looking (maybe not stunning, but definitely comfortably above average). On the other hand, if it's just the odd guy here & there, then realistically you're probably more average looking (not the same as being ugly) ... but you're clearly the type that the guys who compliment you go for.

Hope that helps :smile:
The only person's opinion that matters is your own, and I suppose if you're looking for a long term relationship the opinion of the object of your desires kinda matters as well, but there are always more fish in the sea.

Other than that, it doesn't matter even if the entire world thinks you look like a baked potato.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending