The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hi,
I already hold a Ba but I want to retrain. I am looking at studying Psychology. I am aware that funding for a second degree in Psychology is only available for part time courses.

Can anyome check if the following courses are eligible for the full package funding?

Psychology (Extended), BSc Hons* part time

Course level Undergraduate

UCAS codeC803 G BSc/Psy

Duration 8 years

Location Greenwich Campus

https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/eduhea/psychology-extended-bsc-hons

Psychology, BSc Hons part time

https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/eduhea/psychology-bsc-hons

UCAS code C800 G BSc/Psy

Duration 6 years

Thank you.
Original post by gherasia
Hi,
I already hold a Ba but I want to retrain. I am looking at studying Psychology. I am aware that funding for a second degree in Psychology is only available for part time courses.

Can anyome check if the following courses are eligible for the full package funding?

Psychology (Extended), BSc Hons* part time

UCAS codeC803 G BSc/Psy

Duration 8 years

https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/eduhea/psychology-extended-bsc-hons

Psychology, BSc Hons part time

https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/eduhea/psychology-bsc-hons

UCAS code C800 G BSc/Psy

Duration 6 years

Thank you.

Hi there,
In general Psychology at a Part Time level is classed as an 'Exception course' so if you have gained a qualification previously and are looking to partake in a Psychology course then yes you can qualify for funding. I have checked our Courses Management Service (CMS) system which we share with all universities in the UK and only the universities can input information onto this, they unfortunately do not have this course under their 24/25 Academic Year so I am unable to fully confirm at the moment. You will be fine to make an application once they go live later on in the year around March/April. Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
In general Psychology at a Part Time level is classed as an 'Exception course' so if you have gained a qualification previously and are looking to partake in a Psychology course then yes you can qualify for funding. I have checked our Courses Management Service (CMS) system which we share with all universities in the UK and only the universities can input information onto this, they unfortunately do not have this course under their 24/25 Academic Year so I am unable to fully confirm at the moment. You will be fine to make an application once they go live later on in the year around March/April. Thanks, Ross

Thank you Ross,

So just to confirm that by funding you mean the full package- tuition fees, maintenance loan and the extra grants (childcare, parent allowance etc) if eligible? Not just the tuition fees, right?
Thank you Ross,

So just to confirm that by funding you mean the full package- tuition fees, maintenance loan and the extra grants (childcare, parent allowance etc) if eligible? Not just the tuition fees, right?

Hi there. This would be Tuition Fees, Maintenance Loan and DSA if applicable. Part-time student are not eligible for any grant's for dependents.

If the course is distance learning it would be Tuition Fee only.

Thanks, Leah.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 4
Thank you. Are there any updates regarding the 24/25 list? If not do you think you can provide a list of all the full time and part time course exceptions for 23/24 ?
Thank you. Are there any updates regarding the 24/25 list? If not do you think you can provide a list of all the full time and part time course exceptions for 23/24 ?
Hi there. Sorry, we do not have the 24/25 list yet. We cannot provide a full list of all exception courses we would advise that you speak to the College/University about what course you want to apply for for further information. Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending