The Student Room Group

How do I tell my boyfriend that I lied about my parents knowing?

Hi everyone,
Before I start this off I really need help with this as my bf is coming to visit in 3 months in end of august of this year. I am east indian by descent and my boyfriend is white. Super amazing guy, and his family and sisters are nice as well. We all get along and he is the picture perfect guy, down to earth. We started dating last april and have now been dating for a year. He and I both told our parents after 3 months that we were dating each other. My parents have seen his pictures mostly just my mom, my dad occasionally asks. The only reason my parents let me date is because I am the picture perfect poster child. Perfect grades, full time job, pay for my own schooling/bills. But I still live with them because it is just way too expensive to move out on my own. So here is the problem. My parents would never ever let me go stay at a guys house, they've never let me do sleepovers or even stay later than 10pm with friends for a dinner. Except for work. So this past christmas, I lied to my parents that I got this internship with canon canada to do a workshop in Toronto, when in reality I was gonna be visitng my bf for christmas and spending it with his family. He doesn't know this. He asked me and i told him yeah my parents knew but they weren't comfortable. In a way i told my mom i would be visiting him for christmas but then he would drive me back to the "hotel" where i was staying for the workshop. because they know i would visit him or he would visit me when i was so close to his town. and the second time was was just very recently from last week of april to may 2nd i went to visit my bf for our one year anniversary. I just wanted to spend time with him and I had the time off after my finals and before i started work again. He still thinks my parents know that I was visitng him. I lied to my parents this time saying I got a work contract working in north BC for traffic control as that is my job and used the excuse that they were doing a film and needed me for a week. I was able to use this because i did this in reality a year ago in the summer of 2021. I would call my mom every other day pretending i was at work. My dad wasn't happy because I wouldn't facetime them. He always does this too. Also to clarify I'm 20 and my bf is. 23. My bf knows what my parents are like and is supportive and understands our cultural differences. But I want to come out to him before he visits because I know for sure my "work trip"/ christimas workshop is gonna come up in the conversation. So what should I do? I don't wanna lose any more sleep over this.
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
Reply 2
Would he be upset/angry about you lying to them? I understand him wanting to not potentially cause issues with your parents if you're found to have lied about something to them. I also completely get your side of it - strict parents do it to themselves

Latest

Trending

Trending