The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Applying as undergrad for September 2023

I have gone on the student finance calculator entered all my details and it said that I could recieve around £8000 of student finance however I filled in my student finace on the government website with the exact same details and it says this is the money I will be expecting

Maintenance of £4651
Higher maintenance load : up to £5969

I’m confused does that mean the total maintenance loan I could be entitled to will be in total up to £5969

Or does it mean that I will receive £4651 of normal maintenance loan and an additional amount on top of it of up to £5969

Becuase if it’s only £5969 that I could revive in total that is quit a drastic difference from what I calculated on the sf calculated and I entered all the same details

Many thanks Pearl
Original post by PAalevels
Applying as undergrad for September 2023

I have gone on the student finance calculator entered all my details and it said that I could recieve around £8000 of student finance however I filled in my student finace on the government website with the exact same details and it says this is the money I will be expecting

Maintenance of £4651
Higher maintenance load : up to £5969

I’m confused does that mean the total maintenance loan I could be entitled to will be in total up to £5969

Or does it mean that I will receive £4651 of normal maintenance loan and an additional amount on top of it of up to £5969

Becuase if it’s only £5969 that I could revive in total that is quit a drastic difference from what I calculated on the sf calculated and I entered all the same details

Many thanks Pearl

Hi Pearl,

Can you confirm if you're under 25? Has your parents given their income details to support your application? The calculator is a rough estimate based on what you have entered but nothing would be confirmed till we have the details submitted and the assessor can review this.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Pearl,

Can you confirm if you're under 25? Has your parents given their income details to support your application? The calculator is a rough estimate based on what you have entered but nothing would be confirmed till we have the details submitted and the assessor can review this.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi yes I am under 25 and have received the amount of money I will be expecting which Is quite minimal .am I able to appeal this as it doesn’t cover even half of my accommodation price and i won’t be recieving financial help
Hi yes I am under 25 and have received the amount of money I will be expecting which Is quite minimal .am I able to appeal this as it doesn’t cover even half of my accommodation price and i won’t be recieving financial help

If you're under 25 we require your parents income details to support the application. Have they done this yet? If they have when did they do this?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
If you're under 25 we require your parents income details to support the application. Have they done this yet? If they have when did they do this?

Thanks,
Claire

Yes I sent all the income details of my mother since she is the only person I live with in the house and my father does not live with me nor contribute to any of the housing costs or support me financially . Sent the details early last month then I was told to further submit a pff2 document which was sent at the end of last month . And then I was further told to show proof of my mums private pension tax deductions end of last month . Then was sent a letter saying I will be payed around 5200 for the year which does not even cover half of my accommodation costs let alone food
Yes I sent all the income details of my mother since she is the only person I live with in the house and my father does not live with me nor contribute to any of the housing costs or support me financially . Sent the details early last month then I was told to further submit a pff2 document which was sent at the end of last month . And then I was further told to show proof of my mums private pension tax deductions end of last month . Then was sent a letter saying I will be payed around 5200 for the year which does not even cover half of my accommodation costs let alone food

You would be best to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account, or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Okay thank you
Okay thank you

You're welcome. Have a lovely day.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending