The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Midwifery - placement

I have secured an offer to start in Sep, I have a part time job which I want to continue but I am worried about the placement requirements for my course. Please can I clarify the 16 weeks placement would be flexible and not over the weekend so that I can continue with my job? Many thanks
Reply 1
Midwifery placement is not generally flexible and can be over weekends and holidays, including nights.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hello!

Thank you for reaching out!
I am a current 2nd year student on the midwifery degree.

As a student midwife, you will be required to work weekdays and weekends, nights and days. So this is something to consider when wanting to work part-time alongside the course. Once you start the degree and find out your selected placement location you can get in touch with your personal development midwife, as this will be the person who will allocate your shifts. Contact them and enquire about your situation.

I know some students that work part-time, however, they only work one day a week and it's not on a set day as their work are flexible and works around her shifts she has set.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Freya

Original post by Anonymous
I have secured an offer to start in Sep, I have a part time job which I want to continue but I am worried about the placement requirements for my course. Please can I clarify the 16 weeks placement would be flexible and not over the weekend so that I can continue with my job? Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending