The Student Room Group

should we try again?

I’ve had a few talking stages with this one guy.

At first he really liked me but I didn’t give him much attention so I blocked him (I liked someone else) but added him again later and we started talking properly and kind of started liking each other. But then we always argued over text, he kept starting things and blaming me and for a few days was so mean until we had a massive argument (he was so rude) and he unadded me.

A month or so later I messaged him on insta saying I don’t wanna be on bad terms with anyone and we started again. Things were going good and we’d talk on the phone for ages (never argued) but didn’t get along on text. We wanted to meet up (we live 2hrs away) but he said he wouldn’t even go half way for me (had a *****y excuse of not liking Bham but he’s never been before) and just wanted me to come to his city. He then got rude again and I removed him (after begging him to call me and make up).

Then about a month later he randomly adds me on snap and asks to call that night. We call and talk as if nothing happened. He was so cute and was so excited telling me his gym goals etc. I finally brought up the topic of why he added me and said I “just popped into his head” and when’s the last time I thought of him, said he understands if I didn’t add him back, that he was really unfair but that he goes gym now and takes out all his anger there, and he wants to start talking again. I was really excited so I messaged him good morning the next day to show I care and we talked a little but for the next few days he was a bit distant and he’s the type of person to prioritise and focus on himself over girls but I got worried he didn’t really want to talk after all. He popped up once but I was upset and he called me out for being dry. He didn’t message me the next day and when I snapped him (some cocktails) he left on opened and I removed him.

I just got worried I’m going to get hurt again because it probably won’t work anyway so I’m protecting myself. Better now that when I get more attached again (I cried so hard both times before).

But I really like him (L) and this time he added me and he wanted to try (not me asking him to come back). I love talking on the phone with him genuinely and care what he has to say. I thought of him loads between then and when he added me I was in a talking stage with someone else (H) and that night H had a bad day and just wanted to talk to me, wanted me to cheer him up etc, but I hung up with him to call L which I was looking forward to all night.

I don’t know whether to add him again to properly try or this is ridiculous. If I didn’t remove him after leaving my boring snap on opened (other guys did too) then this could’ve been something this time… but also I’m setting myself up?

I just don’t wanna start with anyone else I’m so done with talking stages I literally don’t care, I don’t wanna talk to guys and waste my time. But I want him. Talking to him makes me happy and he’s a sweet guy actually not like other guys I’ve spoken to. I just want him.

Sorry for the long rant I’m hoping someone is very bored on this Friday night and wants to offer some advice x
Reply 1
Original post by annaolivex
Talking to him makes me happy and he’s a sweet guy

Which guy are we talking about here? Can't be 'L' because if you reread your post he is rude, argumentative, has anger issues and won't put any effort into meeting up.

Meanwhile, you are blow hot, blow cold and seem desperate enough to go for a guy who treats you badly. Move on from him.
Original post by annaolivex
I’ve had a few talking stages with this one guy.

At first he really liked me but I didn’t give him much attention so I blocked him (I liked someone else) but added him again later and we started talking properly and kind of started liking each other. But then we always argued over text, he kept starting things and blaming me and for a few days was so mean until we had a massive argument (he was so rude) and he unadded me.

A month or so later I messaged him on insta saying I don’t wanna be on bad terms with anyone and we started again. Things were going good and we’d talk on the phone for ages (never argued) but didn’t get along on text. We wanted to meet up (we live 2hrs away) but he said he wouldn’t even go half way for me (had a *****y excuse of not liking Bham but he’s never been before) and just wanted me to come to his city. He then got rude again and I removed him (after begging him to call me and make up).

Then about a month later he randomly adds me on snap and asks to call that night. We call and talk as if nothing happened. He was so cute and was so excited telling me his gym goals etc. I finally brought up the topic of why he added me and said I “just popped into his head” and when’s the last time I thought of him, said he understands if I didn’t add him back, that he was really unfair but that he goes gym now and takes out all his anger there, and he wants to start talking again. I was really excited so I messaged him good morning the next day to show I care and we talked a little but for the next few days he was a bit distant and he’s the type of person to prioritise and focus on himself over girls but I got worried he didn’t really want to talk after all. He popped up once but I was upset and he called me out for being dry. He didn’t message me the next day and when I snapped him (some cocktails) he left on opened and I removed him.

I just got worried I’m going to get hurt again because it probably won’t work anyway so I’m protecting myself. Better now that when I get more attached again (I cried so hard both times before).

But I really like him (L) and this time he added me and he wanted to try (not me asking him to come back). I love talking on the phone with him genuinely and care what he has to say. I thought of him loads between then and when he added me I was in a talking stage with someone else (H) and that night H had a bad day and just wanted to talk to me, wanted me to cheer him up etc, but I hung up with him to call L which I was looking forward to all night.

I don’t know whether to add him again to properly try or this is ridiculous. If I didn’t remove him after leaving my boring snap on opened (other guys did too) then this could’ve been something this time… but also I’m setting myself up?

I just don’t wanna start with anyone else I’m so done with talking stages I literally don’t care, I don’t wanna talk to guys and waste my time. But I want him. Talking to him makes me happy and he’s a sweet guy actually not like other guys I’ve spoken to. I just want him.

Sorry for the long rant I’m hoping someone is very bored on this Friday night and wants to offer some advice x

Go with the one whose most toxic and treats you the worst
Reply 3
Original post by Miss Shelley
Go with the one whose most toxic and treats you the worst

Are you being sarcastic?
Original post by Anonymous
Are you being sarcastic?

Yes but some people actually do this going with the worst one
Reply 5
Original post by Miss Shelley
Yes but some people actually do this going with the worst one

There were worse choices 😭