The Student Room Group

UC and PIP

I'm on universal credit and PIP and I'm very confused on how this works with student finance. I read that you continue to get UC so long as you're on PIP during your studies, but I'm confused about how maintainance loans may affect it. I've spoken to DWP and citizens advice but had no clear response but ideally I'd like to know before I go to university in September, how this works. I can't be the only one in this situation so if anyone has had a similar experience I'd be so grateful for any information you can give!
Original post by tantangerine
I'm on universal credit and PIP and I'm very confused on how this works with student finance. I read that you continue to get UC so long as you're on PIP during your studies, but I'm confused about how maintainance loans may affect it. I've spoken to DWP and citizens advice but had no clear response but ideally I'd like to know before I go to university in September, how this works. I can't be the only one in this situation so if anyone has had a similar experience I'd be so grateful for any information you can give!

Hi there, We are unable to confirm how the Maintenance Loan will impact your benefits of Universal Credit and PIP. This can only be confirmed by the DWP. Thanks, Angela.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending