The Student Room Group

Universal credit - single parent - pip also

Hi, I’ve been approved for the full maintenance loan and I will get the NhS bursary also as studying nursing.

Do I need to contact UC at the end of August to let them know and how much will be deducted? Do they take the student maintenance amount and spread it over the year of study? Just need a bit of advise please
Original post by DaniLewis0
Hi, I’ve been approved for the full maintenance loan and I will get the NhS bursary also as studying nursing.
Do I need to contact UC at the end of August to let them know and how much will be deducted? Do they take the student maintenance amount and spread it over the year of study? Just need a bit of advise please
Hi Dani,

By any chance did you apply for the Special Support element? This would be stated on your entitlement letter if you did. Universal Credit can/does consider Student Finance as an income so this can affect your benefits.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Dani,
By any chance did you apply for the Special Support element? This would be stated on your entitlement letter if you did. Universal Credit can/does consider Student Finance as an income so this can affect your benefits.
Thanks, Ross
I did apply for that and it has been approved
Original post by DaniLewis0
I did apply for that and it has been approved
Thanks for confirming.

I would advise to notify Universal Credit that you would be receiving Student Finance.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending