The Student Room Group

Days each week in univesity

I was wondering because I'm in sixth soon to join university but when I join I want to be at uni for a short amount of days whats the average amount of days a week that people go to uni and is it better to pick part time or full time if I want less days per week
Reply 1
Original post by muqz123
I was wondering because I'm in sixth soon to join university but when I join I want to be at uni for a short amount of days whats the average amount of days a week that people go to uni and is it better to pick part time or full time if I want less days per week

The number of days per week will vary between courses and universities, and may well be different in each semester. Some courses have significantly more "contact hours" than others.

Part-time is likely to have fewer days per week because your course load will be halved -- though your course would last for twice as many years (i.e. a bachelor's degree would take 6 years to complete instead of 3 years).

If you want to spend as little time as possible at uni, then perhaps consider a degree from a distance learning university -- for example, the Open University.
Original post by muqz123

Hi @muqz123 ,

Which course are you thinking of studying? It is okay if you are not entirely sure yet!

To echo @martin7 great advice, I would say part time studying does mean less time may be spent on the course but it does last a longer time. This could be ideal if you have caring responsibilities or need to work a part time job alongside studies.

I would also consider the reasons why you want to go to university and if something like an apprenticeship or degree apprenticeship would suit you better.

I hope this helps.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
it varies and depends on your uni and course - im at uni 2-3 days a week and im a full time student but i have friends who are at uni 3-4 days a week and they're also full time students
part time is usually less days per week than full time
Original post by muqz123

if ur full time, amount of days ur on campus will vary by course and method of teaching. Some uni's and courses have fully incorporated hybrid learning and do lectures online but more interactive sessions such as tutorials/seminars in person. I do Computer Science (on my placement year atm) but at the uni I attend, even when I started which was October 2021, it was in person with larger sessions such as lectures online but that's because we had a whole covid testing setup on campus for test and trace. Since then, it's been largely in person, 3-4 days a week, some weeks 5 days a week on campus but as I say it depends on the course itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending