The Student Room Group

What courses and unis do cleairng

Does anyone know of any friends and family that have gone through clearing, or have gone through it themselves and know what uni and what course they got through it.
Original post by student123423232
Does anyone know of any friends and family that have gone through clearing, or have gone through it themselves and know what uni and what course they got through it.

Lots of unis and courses end up in clearing every year, although it's unlikely that very competitive courses will be in it. What course are you interested in - you'll get better advice if you can narrow it down?
Original post by normaw
Lots of unis and courses end up in clearing every year, although it's unlikely that very competitive courses will be in it. What course are you interested in - you'll get better advice if you can narrow it down?

business management
Original post by student123423232

Hi,
Most universities will have places for clearing therefore if you get different grades than what you expect there will be a lot of choice still. Courses that are on clearing can change depending on the year; however, as long as you are not looking at the usual very competitive degrees like medicine you should not have to worry too much. For example, I managed to get into the University of Kent through clearing to do the Criminology and Sociology Bsc, they were really quick getting back to me about my application so a great option for clearing. It is a fairly easy process, just make sure you're ready on results day with your grades to look at what is available.
Here is a link to the UCAS clearing guide to see how to find courses that are available through clearing and how to apply https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing
Hope this helps!
-Malek
University of Kent Rep
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending