The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hello, I will be a second-year student in the UK and have a pre-settled status. Student Finance already covers my tuition fee, but I have a question if there is any further support I can get since my financial situation changed and I am worried to be able to cover my next year too.
Thank you.
Original post by dominikdangel
Hello, I will be a second-year student in the UK and have a pre-settled status. Student Finance already covers my tuition fee, but I have a question if there is any further support I can get since my financial situation changed and I am worried to be able to cover my next year too.
Thank you.

Hi there,

Can you confirm your nationality? Are you working in the UK or have a EU/EEA family member who is?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hello Claire,

I am Czech. I don't have a family member who would work in the UK, but I am planning to do a part-time job during my next year.
Original post by dominikdangel
Hello Claire,

I am Czech. I don't have a family member who would work in the UK, but I am planning to do a part-time job during my next year.

Based on what you have advised you would only be eligible for the Tuition Fees currently. You need to have settled status to get the maintenance loan or apply as a Migrant Worker. We would suggest speaking to your university to see if they know of alternative funding options.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending