The Student Room Group

Missed an extension by a few hours - what can I do?

I got an extension for an assignment due to my mental health. I missed the submission by a few hours for one submission and by 50 seconds for another one. I have an updated prescription from my doctor saying that my anxiety spiked this past few weeks and I had to increase my medication. Is there any way I can send this in and get the late penalty waived?
Original post by anajellicle
I got an extension for an assignment due to my mental health. I missed the submission by a few hours for one submission and by 50 seconds for another one. I have an updated prescription from my doctor saying that my anxiety spiked this past few weeks and I had to increase my medication. Is there any way I can send this in and get the late penalty waived?

Different unis have different policies for handling this kind of thing. You therefore probably need to someone at your university, who knows what it's policies are. Is there a Student Support team, or similar, you can contact?
Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment.

Each university will have their own policies and ways of dealing with these sort of issues. Therefore, I would recommend for you to contact your university and request a meeting with them to speak through this, as they will be able to give you the correct advice moving forward. You could also inform your academic advisor who will then be able to direct you to the necessary people.

Best of luck.
Scarlet - Sheffield Hallam Student Ambassador.

(Original post by anajellicle)
Reply 3
You should contact your Programme Administrator and explain the situation and ask them if they could contact the Reviewer to have another look at your application. The only way round this in my experience as an EC reviewer is to commute the EC application from a late submission to a non-submission. You won't be able to make this change yourself, you must go through your Programme Administrator. This is discretionary and may be refused.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by anajellicle

Hi there,

As others have said these rules differ between Universities, I would advise checking your University/School guidance on this. Or you could contact your student support and the should be able to help you. That said, if you had a deadline extension and then missed this deadline you may still get a late penalty since it was already extended once.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending