The Student Room Group

University Re-Sits

I have a resit this August and I am a bit confused about scaling. For the original exam in January I was sick and could not attend. I heard the exam was very difficult so to compensate the university scaled the grades in our favour. So my question is will I get the same advantage in August? Would they scale the results depending on the students who resit it?
Original post by SirFreb
I have a resit this August and I am a bit confused about scaling. For the original exam in January I was sick and could not attend. I heard the exam was very difficult so to compensate the university scaled the grades in our favour. So my question is will I get the same advantage in August? Would they scale the results depending on the students who resit it?

Scaling is typically quite rare and also exam specific. You will sit a different paper so the scaling won't apply. The students who sat the old paper are not given an "advantage", the aim is to be neutral, eg extra hard paper scaled to give expected mark distribution.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Scaling is typically quite rare and also exam specific. You will sit a different paper so the scaling won't apply. The students who sat the old paper are not given an "advantage", the aim is to be neutral, eg extra hard paper scaled to give expected mark distribution.

Thank you, I was just worried because I thought they would bombard me with the same difficulty and not be fair about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending