The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

So I got a 59.85 at university

University of salford. I got a 59.85 woulfit lf this be rounded up? I calculated it myself waiting for the actual letter. https://www.salford.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2020-08/ARTP2021.pdf . This is what I used to find some of the information.
Original post by Thenoonoo
University of salford. I got a 59.85 woulfit lf this be rounded up? I calculated it myself waiting for the actual letter. https://www.salford.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2020-08/ARTP2021.pdf . This is what I used to find some of the information.

Can you show us how you calculated the 59.85? I ask as rule 7.5.7 (b) says that "The module mark shall be determined by rounding the overall decimal mark to the nearest whole number (0.50 is rounded up)." You've done that, I assume?

Once you have worked our the programme mark, which is probably 25% x (weighted mean mark for best 100 credits at level 5) + 75% x (weighted mean mark for best 100 credits at level 6) - assuming this is an Honours Degree and you completed at least 100 credits at each of levels 5 and 6 - then no further rounding is applied. You need to hit a minimum of 60% for an upper second.

BTW, I checked the 2022/23 version of the document you attached (it's here) and they make the lack of rounding clearer that in your version. Your version says (in the headings of the table in 9.1.4 "Programme Mark Calculated to 2 decimal places") whilst the later version says, "Programme Mark Calculated to 2 decimal places (which will not be rounded up or down to nearest whole number)".
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Can you show us how you calculated the 59.85? I ask as rule 7.5.7 (b) says that "The module mark shall be determined by rounding the overall decimal mark to the nearest whole number (0.50 is rounded up)." You've done that, I assume?

Once you have worked our the programme mark, which is probably 25% x (weighted mean mark for best 100 credits at level 5) + 75% x (weighted mean mark for best 100 credits at level 6) - assuming this is an Honours Degree and you completed at least 100 credits at each of levels 5 and 6 - then no further rounding is applied. You need to hit a minimum of 60% for an upper second.

BTW, I checked the 2022/23 version of the document you attached (it's here) and they make the lack of rounding clearer that in your version. Your version says (in the headings of the table in 9.1.4 "Programme Mark Calculated to 2 decimal places") whilst the later version says, "Programme Mark Calculated to 2 decimal places (which will not be rounded up or down to nearest whole number)".

Yes I’ve looked at the link you’ve sent and at 7.5.7 I think says it the module marks will be rounded up or down. I’m still waiting on my lab skills test and hopefully that brings me up. It’s matter of 2 percent but thanks for looking at it for me. And I did use the equation that they gave

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending