The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Last year I received £9,684.00 for my maintenance loan and this year it's saying only £4,651.00. I have not been earning any income since last year, my partner earns about £1600 a month and has uploaded the necessary evidence needed to SFE. I spoke briefly with someone on SFE live chat who said I should add my parents details to see if I can get more money. I did, they have their evidence uploaded but the amount has not changed. I have read that since I am 25 I do not need to put my parents down anyway. All that we earn as a household is my partner's wage. How/what do I need to do to ensure I receive the same amount as last year? I find it hard to contact SFE
Original post by aims_060818
Last year I received £9,684.00 for my maintenance loan and this year it's saying only £4,651.00. I have not been earning any income since last year, my partner earns about £1600 a month and has uploaded the necessary evidence needed to SFE. I spoke briefly with someone on SFE live chat who said I should add my parents details to see if I can get more money. I did, they have their evidence uploaded but the amount has not changed. I have read that since I am 25 I do not need to put my parents down anyway. All that we earn as a household is my partner's wage. How/what do I need to do to ensure I receive the same amount as last year? I find it hard to contact SFE

Hi there,

If you're 25 before the start of the academic year, then it's correct we don't require your parents income. Are you and your partner married or have children?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you're 25 before the start of the academic year, then it's correct we don't require your parents income. Are you and your partner married or have children?

Thanks,
Claire

Not married and no children
Not married and no children

Hi there,

Thanks, based on what you've said it should be your partner who provides their income details, not your parents. For example, was your partner asked to provide their income details either online or using the PFF2 form?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, based on what you've said it should be your partner who provides their income details, not your parents. For example, was your partner asked to provide their income details either online or using the PFF2 form?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

He said he's already done it but has logged into his account and can't tell if SFE have accepted the evidence/or not/or if it even uploaded. I've and a look on my account as well and also cannot find anyway to check that he has done this.
Reply 5
Hi,

He said he's already done it but has logged into his account and can't tell if SFE have accepted the evidence/or not/or if it even uploaded. I've and a look on my account as well and also cannot find anyway to check that he has done this.

He has now done the PFF2 form and is going to post it.
He has now done the PFF2 form and is going to post it.

Hi there,

That's great - once the PFF2 form is processed you'll be awarded the correct entitlement. Just to let you know, the form doesn't need to be posted: you can upload it digitally on your account.

We're currently processing these forms in around 17 working days.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending