The Student Room Group

More money vs promotion?

Would you rather stay in a job which earns more money, or take another job which is a promotion that ends up with less take home pay?

So my current job I work permanently from home. I've been offered another job which is effectively a promotion but 5 days in the office.

Doing some basic maths, because I end up paying a lot for my travel costs, I would effectively earn less then I do currently.
Original post by GodAtum
Would you rather stay in a job which earns more money, or take another job which is a promotion that ends up with less take home pay?

So my current job I work permanently from home. I've been offered another job which is effectively a promotion but 5 days in the office.

Doing some basic maths, because I end up paying a lot for my travel costs, I would effectively earn less then I do currently.

Is there any chance of promotion in the job you are currently in? If there is then staying in your current job and getting promotion at some point may be an option.
Personally, i wouldn't do anything for less money than what i am on now.
I would get the promotion, because it may lead to a new promotion in the future. Right now the travel expenses may be high, but in the future you may be able to reduce them, and beside that you may also get in better touch with the boss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending