The Student Room Group

A little dilemma

If a guy has told u he loves you, ur exclusive with him. If one day a girl was to give her number to him and he had texted to apparently see who it is. Is this normal? Or does it seem like he doesn’t like me as much as he does ? Cause if he did would he even care to see who it is
Reply 1
To be honest with you, maybe he needed her number for work purposes. You shouldn't worry too much about it if he has told you that he loves you. Your self-validation shouldn't come from others but from your purpose in life x
Reply 2
Original post by Annaduck125
To be honest with you, maybe he needed her number for work purposes. You shouldn't worry too much about it if he has told you that he loves you. Your self-validation shouldn't come from others but from your purpose in life x

He was at work and a girl(customer) had passed his number to him which he told me about but he hadn’t told me he texted her to see who it was . Should I not overthink it? x
Original post by Lexia.xox
If a guy has told u he loves you, ur exclusive with him. If one day a girl was to give her number to him and he had texted to apparently see who it is. Is this normal? Or does it seem like he doesn’t like me as much as he does ? Cause if he did would he even care to see who it is

You do have right to question his commitment and loyalty towards you I don’t really think that phone number a necessity when even social media can be used just for general communication purposes.
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
You do have right to question his commitment and loyalty towards you I don’t really think that phone number a necessity when even social media can be used just for general communication purposes.

I feel to ask about his loyalty and commitment but I didn’t know if I was overthinking. As a girl( a customer) at where he works passed her number to the security to pass on to him. If he really was committed to me wouldn’t he have thrown the paper away and not even bothered to care who the girl was?
Reply 5
He was at work and a girl(customer) had passed his number to him which he told me about but he hadn’t told me he texted her to see who it was . Should I not overthink it? x

I think this is a conversation you should have with him, to establish your expectations and to actually find out why he kept the number. It's important for you to both communicate and understand each other's side of the story x
I feel to ask about his loyalty and commitment but I didn’t know if I was overthinking. As a girl( a customer) at where he works passed her number to the security to pass on to him. If he really was committed to me wouldn’t he have thrown the paper away and not even bothered to care who the girl was?

Definitely if I was in his shoes I’d do that yes I would question his commitment that is not seen as overthinking a relationship is 50/50 and clarity and reassurance will only make it better if in the instance there was something going on rather than the severity of the outcome impacting you immensely you’d know straight away and act fast upon so it’ll be better than first feared.
Reply 7
Is this the same guy you've been asking about for the last 3 months because you think he's not serious and is wasting your time?
Reply 8
Original post by Annaduck125
I think this is a conversation you should have with him, to establish your expectations and to actually find out why he kept the number. It's important for you to both communicate and understand each other's side of the story x

Ur right I will communicate with him , I’m going to wait till I’ve cooled down abit and I will confront him about it. It really does feel so dodgy
Reply 9
Original post by Mohammed_80
Definitely if I was in his shoes I’d do that yes I would question his commitment that is not seen as overthinking a relationship is 50/50 and clarity and reassurance will only make it better if in the instance there was something going on rather than the severity of the outcome impacting you immensely you’d know straight away and act fast upon so it’ll be better than first feared.

You’re right I will do that, I’m going to confront him about it. It just annoying cause I feel like if a guy was so interested in a girl and he has booked a holiday with her. For him to then be curious to text another girl that gave his number to him to see who it is.
Reply 10
Original post by Surnia
Is this the same guy you've been asking about for the last 3 months because you think he's not serious and is wasting your time?

Yes it is the same guy but he seems to have changed now
You’re right I will do that, I’m going to confront him about it. It just annoying cause I feel like if a guy was so interested in a girl and he has booked a holiday with her. For him to then be curious to text another girl that gave his number to him to see who it is.

Best of luck
Reply 12
I don't know if I understand what you mean. If he accepted a number from a random girl at work then it does seem kind of weird. He should've just politely declined in my opinion.
Original post by zajamelia
I don't know if I understand what you mean. If he accepted a number from a random girl at work then it does seem kind of weird. He should've just politely declined in my opinion.

Work colleagues though, not just a random girl. Seems innocent enough.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous

I understood that it was a customer? Well in that case only a conversation with him will resolve this.
Original post by zajamelia
I understood that it was a customer? Well in that case only a conversation with him will resolve this.

Sorry you were right. Yes I think the guy is in the wrong then, I don't know why he would give his number to a stranger ? Even if he didn't have any intention to speak to her in a romantic way, it isn't the best thing to do.
Reply 16
Yes it is the same guy but he seems to have changed now

You were told it was a red flag when he was asking for nudes before meeting, wouldn't commit and was being manipulative.

How many dates have you been on now?
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous

It wasn’t work colleagues it was a random girl( a customer) that passed her number to the security guard to give to him . Which makes it seems so weird:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending